Friday, December 2, 2011

A woman have come to the clinic w/dysuria and frequent urination. What is the diagnosis? (its a scenario)?

A woman have come to the clinic w/dysuria and frequent urination. What is the diagnosis? (its a scenario)?
Difficulty in urination mixed next to frequent urination? Possibly a combination of overactive bladder and shedding of the squamous epithelial of the bladder wall.
could be a bladder infection
U.T.I.
she may have a bladder problem. her bladder isn't completely empty when she urinates and it keeps building up cause her to pee all the time. its kinda tough to explain but i went to medical college.
Maybe a uti(urinary tract infection). These can be really painful. the doctor will own you give a urine indication, to check and see if this is whats wrong, he may feel around on your belly to see if its tender. They will prescribe an antibiotic to clear your body of the infection. And maybe some pills to comfort with the burning. Also you inevitability to drink lots of water.
Based on the symptoms she's described, my presumptive diagnosis would be UTI but I would first acquire V/S and order a Chem 7, CBC, UA and C/S to confirm. I would also get something done an abdominal exam and presuming it's negative, I'd be in motion with my presumptive dx. I'd hold to get backbone to you on this after I get the culture results. It may not be UTI after adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment